Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

usa rail pass. 8th segment: twin falls, id to salt lake city.

i enjoyed my time on this bus much more than my previous experience. first of all, it was an afternoon bus, so i could actually see what was going on. i was also able to snag a seat to myself, so i could spread out a bit. i still had folks in front of me who i gleaned some more interesting vocabulary from, but this time i wasn't trying to sleep. i crocheted for a long time. after a while, i started chatting with the guy behind me, a ski bum who now lives in utah. he was good to talk to. light hearted and interesting.


i made it back to salt lake around 6pm. my train didn't leave until 11:30pm, so i chucked my stuff in a locker at the greyhound station and walked over to this outdoor mall. i bought a subway sandwich and then impusively decided to see the tourist at the big multiplex there. they had assigned seats to the show even though there were maybe a dozen people in the theater. i didn't actually sit in my seat (rebel). the film was good. a great way to kill 2 hours. i wandered around the shops afterward but eventually made it back to the transit station. 

No comments: