Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

usa rail pass. 10th segment: sacramento to simi valley.

i woke up the morning i left with a sore throat. not what i wanted. i slowly got my belongings together (for the last time, checked out of my hostel and walked to the train station. i made a pit stop at starbucks for breakfast and coffee and found out my train was an hour and a half late. not ideal.

the train ride ended up being rather uneventful. i sat next to this really nice girl going to college in santa barbara, and we talked quite a bit on the ride. i started to feel feverish and knew there was something not pleasant going on in my body...so, i watched the sunset from the lounge car and then slept until i got off at simi valley.

chelsea (my best friend from middle school) picked me up at the station and was such a good hostess feeding me and making sure i had an ample supply of cough drops. the next morning, i eventually found myself back up on the mountain after a car ride to one airport, catching a shuttle to another airport, hitching a ride from a coworker where we picked up someone from another airport (this is 3 airports in 1 day) and headed back to camp.

i spent the rest of the day sleeping to try to get myself healthy...an interesting end to my train trip.

No comments: