Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

usa rail pass. 4th segment: grand rapids to chicago.

this was probably the most uneventful leg of my trip. my parents took me to the train station early on new year's day. i was sleepy from staying up to watch dick clark ring in the new year. i love that mr. clark is looking so old but still has a great new year's spirit.


a cool sign i found on my walk.
i snagged a seat to myself on the train and saw a beautiful sunrise. we arrived to union station in chicago early! i stuffed my bag in a locker with the help of a slightly sketchy (but very helpful) amtrak employee and set to walk around town. i had tentative plans to get lunch with a few friends, but all of them bailed on me, so after wandering around millenium park, i ducked into cosi for a bowl of soup and a sandwich. it was delicious.




awesome bike rack.


me and the bean! not a busy day.

No comments: