Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

summer adventure. rethinking my bucket list.

now that i'm home with an abundance of free time, i've been pondering the direction of my life. how do my choices fit in with those overarching goals on my bucket list? can i keep living this life of adventure and still support myself in the long run? what will it take to get me to settle down in one place with a career?

so, i've started rethinking my bucket list. here are some of the current entries:

- go on a long distance bike ride (summer 2012?)
- hike the AT or the PCT (doing trail work on the PCT this summer!)
- become mayor of a small town (i'm the mayor of high trails...)
- visit all 7 continents (3 down! 4 to go)
- go on a hot air balloon ride (uhh...expensive)
- live on a farm (i keep meeting cool young farmers...maybe they'll need an intern someday)
- be in a band (learning the banjo...)

it seems as though i'm doing pretty well on these goals. in a few years, i might need to make a whole new bucket list! i'm starting to think about where i see myself in the next few years. graduate school? a more permanent job? still adventuring? the options are a little overwhelming, and i keep trying to tell myself to take life one step at a time. easier said than done for this super planner.

in other life news, i've started riding my bike again and even started logging my miles on the dailymile. slowly, i'm catching up on some letter writing and postcards. pen pals, don't fret. mail is coming your way! i'm starting to sort through recipes i want to try on my parents for next year's culinary adventures as one of the head cooks at high trails (ah!).

time to run some errands!

No comments: