Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

summer adventure. road trip to exhaustion.

i am exhausted. completely exhausted. i'm physically drained with a sprained ankle (that i'm too stubborn and busy to slow down enough and let heal). i'm emotionally taxed with making new friends and visiting old. i'm mentally wiped from spending way too much time in my car.

but, it is all part of the glorious adventure of summer.

after my brief jaunt across the country, i spent nearly 2 weeks training for my summer job with SCA. i am  excited for the work, but i'm also feeling a little overwhelmed with all that needs to happen before i leave. i loved being back in new england. i met some fascinating people that i hope to build some friendships with as time goes on. oh, and i celebrated my 24th birthday! yay!

i woke up saturday morning slightly groggy from a rowdy evening of celebrating my birthday, said goodbye to many of my new cohorts and packed my car in with an additional 3 people (little leopold, my corolla, was bursting at the seams!) for a whirlwind trip from NH to boston and back to western massachusetts. i fought through my tiredness and even went contra dancing!

i left hawley early this morning, stopped in new jersey for lunch with my friend kevin, rescued my friend kt's bike in kutztown, pa and am now in reading, pa visiting a friend from high school. tomorrow i'm headed to pittsburgh to see molly! i just wish i didn't feel so much like a zombie...

No comments: