Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

new challenges. this is my backyard.

while we were frolicking along frog creek, one of the students in my field group wistfully remarked, "i wish this was my backyard". when he said that, i thought to myself, this IS my backyard.

as my time winds down at high trails for the spring, i have been reflecting a lot on how i have enjoyed my time here. i've learned the predominant plants and animals of the forest, but there is still so much to learn. often my student ask me what a particular bush or wildflower is...however i haven't gotten into a habit of bringing my handy-dandy field guide along with me on hikes... i have made friendships that i hope will become lasting. i developed new hobbies like baking bread and cycling and have become more advanced in knitting and crocheting. i have been to several contra dance festivals (one of which i am avoiding packing for right now...). all in all, my time in california has been awesome, and i'm looking forward to returning.

this might be a short entry. life has been overwhelming, and i need some time to sort through things before i'm able to reflect in this space...

No comments: